Monday, September 5, 2011

New Romantic

"I've got this friend who sounds just like him,
He's the man I'd leave you for,
The man that I adore just like you."
Laura Marling - New Romantic


Hiya, chickadees!

This past Labor Day weekend, I went to this HUGE flea market up in Sparks, Kansas. The population is just under 100, I think, but over 300 vendors/buyers (like yours truly) flock there once a year to this field in about the center of it for said flea market. I got three broaches for my collection and matching clip-on earrings with one all for $12. Oh, and mushroom corn kettle corn. Sounds funky, tastes delicious. :)



(I just had to stop the car to check out these wild sunflowers!)



(I have never seen a motorcycle this cool.)



(The Chiefs license plate alone makes me regret not buying this bike.)



(I contend that the price tag said $7, not $700 . . .)



(This was in gorgeous condition and came fully stocked with filled glass Pepsi bottles. It only I had had the $350 up front. T_T)



(Part of the flea market was in this little old lady's idyllic backyard.)



(Mushroom corn kettle corn! Nom nom nom!)


Well, I have been swamped with my art classes lately. I am taking Drawing 2, in which we are currently working with charcoal, and Studio Art, where I am given free reign, so long as I finish 5 projects by the end of December. To say the least, I have been engrossed in it all and I promise to upload my favorites. 



(My biffle Caitlyn had a few of us over to help paint her new shelf from light brown to white. Lol, check out Caroline's smiley face knee.)



(One of my other biffles Caroline. God, but do I love her!)



(My cat Gabby turned 14 on the 1st this month and I got this great action shot of her enjoying her birthday tuna. :3)


Finally, I am will post again in just a few minutes. I really wanted to get this stuff out of the way before I go back to how I usually blog. 


Don't forget to comment, follow, vote and shoot me a question any time at http://www.formspring.me/liesherecharmed


Have A Rainy Day! <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I reply to each comment, so go ahead and please tell me what you think. =)