Monday, January 3, 2011

*Insert Stars Wars Theme Here*

Yay! What a great way to wake up this morning! One of my friends sent me an e-mail with a link to a story, reporting that "Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back" has just been recognized by the Library of Congress to be added to the National Film Registry. Aah! How could it have taken the government this long to realize how good it was? Me thinks this would be a good opportunity to buy that light sabre necklace I saw last week . . . Here is a snippet of the story:


"The honor recognizes the iconic 1980 movie for being artistically, culturally or historically significant. A copy of the original film will be preserved by the registry at the Packard Campus of the National Audio-Visual Conservation Center in Culpeper, Virginia, for future generations." (For the full story, go here.)




Well, now that my mood has been locked into place for the day, I guess that I will just have get some birthday shopping taken care of before I lose anymore time. Now if I could just figure out what to get them . . .


Oh, and I do believe that I have been dubbed Assistant Cupid for the month. You know how it goes: Two of your friends (or in my case six) are 'secretly' crazy about each other. Neither will take the first step. You somehow get sucked in to there business, etc. 
Valentine's Day is five weeks away, people. Calm thine selves! Ah, but I am a sucker for a good love story, so lets just hope it all works out. :)


Today's Goals:
~Send a toy to this older couple's dog I puppysit (more on that later)
~Buy Sammie and Josh amazing birthday presents for their big 1-6
~Nom on some chips and salsa
~Rock some new Christmas gear


Have A Rainy Day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I reply to each comment, so go ahead and please tell me what you think. =)