Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Looking For A Lot

"Park that car,
Drop that phone,
Sleep on the floor,
Dream about me."
Broken Social Scene - Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old


Well, I called it! Gorgeous snow and two days off from school because of it. I'm thinking it's time for a snowball fight.


*Spoiler Alert!*

Today is a bit of a solemn day for me (though I do not believe that I am alone in it).
While it may sound a bit hokey, today is the day that the title character of my favorite book, Looking For Alaska by John Green, died in the story. I know it's all fiction, but she really touched my heart. I really don't think that I have cried that hard in a while when I first read the book a few years back.
I guess that that's just proof of what a great book it is.
 I will probably end up doing a review/synopsis post in the near future, but for the time being, I will await the movie release date. Hope that they do it justice!


 


I have begun the hunt for the fabled "job" recently and am having no luck thus far.
Just a little bit longer and I will be 17! But, until then, the pickings for jobs are pretty slim.

  
Oh, and I realized the other day that my sister got one of my favorite movies from a friend for Christmas. I am so ecstatic to watch it a few dozen times before she moves out.




Come next week, my Grand Music Excursion begins. So many new albums are being released this month and I have had a special savings fund just for this. I kick it off with Tapes N' Tapes's album 'Outside' and Cake's 'Showroom Of Compassion', both out today. Should be great. =)


Finally, I must thank my older sister for getting me into burning incense. Who knew it could be so relaxing? White Gardenia is definitely my favorite right now and I will need to restock soon.


Have A Rainy Day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I reply to each comment, so go ahead and please tell me what you think. =)